Elder Scrolls Online Weekly: Subscription Payment Model

The payment model has been announced and people are pissed. We discuss the hot button topic from the eyes of the developers and of the players in this week’s show. Let us know your thoughts on the topic in the comments below.

1. Mark Dixon August 24, 2013 6:10 am

On lighter note. YAY! I’m old Hermanos Mora

2. The Human Floyd August 24, 2013 8:20 am

Horray for sub fee!

3. messy120 August 24, 2013 8:57 am

Well, I am not concerned about other games like EQN or Titan or whatever adopting a F2P model. My interest is in an Elder Scrolls experience Online (ESO duh!!!). Seems to me like they are going to grab a a bunch of hardcore MMORPG players at launch and a fair amount of TES fans (more than a fair amount) and then the gaming world will develop and draw the curious crowd in if it becomes dynamic, fun, compelling, and a gaming thrill. Also, the box fee will become cheaper and cheaper, discounts for multiple month subscriptions, invite a friend get a free subscription etc . . . Also announcing the payment model this early is good business sense especially in gaming community because now the corporate side can gather data and ZOS can back peddle on the price if necessary. I see the sub fee going down.
    BTW Shoddy you should start a raffle, like donate $5 and be entered for a chance to win 1 of 10 subscription cards or something . . . gimmicky, but effective!

• Firestar2471 August 24, 2013 3:03 pm

I have said this before, I will say it again. The box fee will get cheaper but it will in all honesty start at like 30. I Haven’t seen Zenimax announce the price for the game yet so 60 is more or less TES fans thinking it will cost as much as Skyrim. Most MMos on a P2P model start in the 30$ range and get cheaper. Plus remember for 30 dollars you also get a free months gameplay making the real price something like 15$

4. Henry August 24, 2013 12:01 pm

You know Fallout 1 wasn’t made by Bethesda right?

5. Bruno Brum August 24, 2013 2:31 pm

One thing is for sure, people won’t be buying ESO on Brazil. Unfortunately, $15 is R$30 here and I’m sure it won’t cost that exact price (with all the taxes we have)! Sorry ZeniMax, but you just died to us…

BTW, I’m a console player (PS4) and I won’t be paying twice.